My Finished Bowl!
The plate I started cleaning
Friday was Notte Bianca (White Night) in Florence. The entire city stayed up until 6AM. Shops, restaurants, and bars stayed open as well as some museums. There were performances and light shows all over the city. We went out around 10 and met up with Laura and Gabrielle, our Italian friends. The streets were packed with people and we walked around for awhile. Emily, Emilie, and I headed home around 1 because we were pretty tired. On the way home we saw a band at the end of our street which was pretty neat.
Notte Bianca with Laura
Light Show at the Uffizi
Band on Borgo San Jacopo
Other than that, this past weekend wasn't too exciting. I spent a couple afternoons wandering around and sitting in the Boboli Gardens. On Sunday it started raining, and it's continued to be cloudy and rainy all week so far with no sign of clearing up until sometime next week. At least it's conducive to studying for Finals which will occur next week. It's so strange that this is our last week of class! I can't believe how quickly the semester has gone by and how much has happened since I arrived a little over 100 days ago
Boboli Gardens
Enjoying the Sun
Emilie and Emily
View from Piazzale Michelangelo
View from the other side of Piazzale Michelangelo
Piazzale Michelangelo
Street Painting
Today I visited the Palazzo Vecchio which is the palace the Medici family inhabited in Florence. Outside the palace is a replica of Michelangelo's statue of David where the original used to be. The palace itself was quite interesting and very extravagant. Donatello's statue of Judith and Holofernes is in one of the last rooms I visited. Unfortunately, there were lots of school children visiting when I was there this morning, so it was a bit crowded.
Palazzo Vecchio
Great Hall in Palazzo Vecchio
View from Palazzo Vecchio
Donatello's Judith and Holofernes
No comments:
Post a Comment