Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easter Weekend in Munich!

I know, Easter was sooo long ago and I've been really bad at updating my blog recently... My apologies, things have been super busy lately.

We had Easter Monday off from classes, so Mary and I had a long weekend trip to Munich. We arrived early Friday morning and checked into our hotel. Then we explored the city. We saw some of the churches including the main one, Frauenkirche. We walked down the main pedestrian street to Marienplatz. We also visited the English Gardens which are huge. There's a river through some of the gardens and people were surfing at one part where it went under the road and then produced huge waves. That night we ate in one of the ale houses, it was delicious but we were exhausted.

Marienplatz

Marieplatz

English Gardens

Surfers in English Gardens

English Gardens

Saturday we went to Neuschwanstein a castle in the Alps. We went on a guided tour, which was totally worth it. Our tour guide was excellent and it was really nice not having to worry about the trains or buses since it was a little over a 2 hour trip. The setting of the castle is absolutely amazing. It was so gorgeous!! We also explored  the town of Fussen at the end of the day which was really neat.

Our Tour Guide Mian

View of Neuschwanstein from Marienbrucke

Views around Neuschwanstein

View from Neuschwanstein

Mary and I in Fussen

On Sunday, we visited Dachau Concentration Camp. It was a really interesting experience. I'm really glad we went. We got audio guides which were very useful and informative. For dinner Sunday, we went to another ale house and Mary and I each got a beer - we felt we should try some if we were in Germany. Monday morning, we headed back to Florence.

Dachau

Beer in Munich

View of the Alps from the plane back to Pisa

No comments:

Post a Comment