Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Last few days of Spring Break

On Friday, March 26, I got a package from the Schilling family with Girl Scout cookies for the apartment!! That was really exciting! Other than that, I talked to the API Office and LdM Mailroom about my laptop and did some reading for my classes.

Me and my box of cookies!

Reading Mike's note and opening the box

Saturday, March 27, we went to Cinque Terre! Cinque Terre is a series of five cliff side towns on the coast west of Florence. You can hike between the towns along the cliffs. It was so gorgeous!! We took a train into Riomaggiore and then walked to Manarola and Corniglia. Cinque Terre was definitely one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. I really want to go back and see the other two towns Vernazza and Monterosso that we didn't have time to visit.

Along the walkway between Riomaggiore and Manarola

Manarola

Manarola

Cliffs

View of Manarola

Sunday we spent around the apartment. I caught up on the rest of my reading for my classes and we waited for everyone to arrive back from their trips.

Apartment eating Girl Scout cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment