Friday, January 29, 2010

Tuesday

We got up early and had breakfast in the hotel. Then we had our first tour of Florence! It was great. We got to see Santa Maria Novella, the Arno River, Piazza Santo Spirito, Palazzo Pitti, Borgo San Jacopo (the street I live on), the Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria, and the Duomo! It's so beautiful here and everything's just amazing.


View of the Arno River



Duomo

After the tour I got lunch with two of my apartment mates Emma and Emily. We found a little shop nearby and order sandwiches. Then we headed back to the hotel and hung out for awhile. Later, in the evening, we had a housing meeting and then afterwards they had a short meeting with all the people who had arrived late. For dinner we went to an aperitivo where you order a drink and then can eat all you want at a small buffet. The food was delicious! That night I hung out with Mary in the room and then turned in for the night.




No comments:

Post a Comment