Yesterday I didn't have class. I spent the day doing homework and picked up some fresh fruit and vegetables at a local market. In the evening, I went to a meeting about volunteering in Florence. I think I'll try to sign up for something, but it's a bit hard fitting their opportunities into my schedule. Hopefully something will work out.
Emily, Suzanne and I are planning to go to France and/or Spain for Spring Break. We're still trying to figure out the details, but last night we decided on a location, so that was a start.
Today I had my Italian class in the morning and Archeology in the afternoon. I learned about the Etruscan civilization, the restoration process, and got to handle some artifacts in Archeology. We actually get to restore our own Etruscan object in the class which is really exciting! Next week we're taking a trip to Fiesole and the week after that we start our restoration!
Unfortunately, it started raining this afternoon. I was hoping to go for a walk somewhere, but I'm still getting over my cold so I don't want to go anywhere in the rain. I think instead I'll do some of my pilates dvd - I need some exercise.
Tomorrow morning we're going to visit the Piazzale Michelangelo which gives gorgeous views across Florence, hopefully it will have stopped raining by then. There's also a gorgeous church in the area up there too!
Saturday and Sunday we're going to Venice!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment