Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend Adventures in Florence

Thursday and Friday nights we went out on the town and had a really fun time! Thursday night we saw a Dave Matthews cover band and met two really awesome people from the U.S. - a brother and sister from Pittsburgh who were visiting Italy with their parents. We had an awesome time! On Friday we went out with Laura and a friend of hers, they're both Italians from Florence who a girl I know from W&M met when she studied in Florence last Spring. We went to a Latin bar/restaurant which was really fun, I had nachos!!

Saturday Emilie, Emily, and I climbed the Duomo - 463 steps, but certainly worth it, the view was amazing! Afterwards, we wandered around Piazza della Repubblica and then home for a late lunch. In the evening, before dinner, Suzanne, Emilie, Emily, and I went for a stroll through the streets and visited the Disney store.

Today, I went exploring with Olivia. We went to a vintage store that's right across the river, then we crossed back to our side and walked through the streets. It was really fun just to walk and see what's around. We came back for a snack and then I went out to the Boboli and Bardini Gardens. It was really cold, so I didn't stay long, but both were nice with beautiful views. I definitely want to go back when it's warmer.

View from the Top of the Duomo


Emilie, Emily, and I


Another View from the Duomo


Annd Another One

Top of the Duomo


View of the Church from the top of the Duomo


Stained glass window on the way down


Frescoes in the Dome


Street Performers in Piazza della Repubblica

Street Painter


Goofy and the Duomo in the Disney Store


Street Performer


Window from my walk Sunday afternoon


Boboli Gardens and Pitti Palace


View from the Boboli Gardens


View from the Bardini Gardens


Bardini Gardens and the View

No comments:

Post a Comment